John White, P.E., IAAI-CFI, MSc
Vice President of Engineering Services
John Powell White is the Vice President of Engineering at Fire Cause Analysis. He is an investigator, engineer, and scientist specializing in material ignition, and combustion studies. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry and a Master of Science degree in Fire Protection Engineering and is a licensed Fire Protection Engineer in the Western United States. He is a Certified Fire Investigator through the International Association of Arson Investigators.
John’s work consists of fire investigation, evaluation of appliances for ignition and fire spread capability, fire initiation and growth modeling and forensic evaluation of active and passive fire protection systems. John also helps to design buildings and commercial processes by developing novel fire protection strategies and performing hazard analyses to satisfy local fire authorities.
John is a Lead Member of the National Fire Protection Association and is a member of the NFPA 130 committee on Fixed Guideway Transit and Passenger Rail Systems. He is a member of the Society of Fire Protection Engineers and a member of the ASTM E5 committee for fire test standards.
- Certified Fire Investigator
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Fire Protection Engineering, Master of Science, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Chemistry, Bachelor of Science, UC Berkeley
- ASTM Technical Committee E05 on Fire Standards
- Northern California/Nevada Chapter of the Society of Fire Protection Engineers
- National Fire Protection Association, Research Division
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE)