The Fire Cause Analysis’ fire safety consultants provide their services to prevent such staggering statistics by working with developers and designers to increase preventative safety as well as following an event to determine what breakdown(s) of safety may have occurred so that such failures can be avoided in the future.
Our company provides product research and development services to manufacturers, trade associations, and individuals. Generally, these services relate to developing, evaluating or describing the fire performance (or other performance aspects) of new and existing products. As a sub-specialty, FCA works extensively on fire safety aspects of the design and constituent materials used in the manufacturing of transit vehicles.
Our scientists and engineers have assessed critical fire safety issues in dozens of complex situations. The following are typical examples.
- Retrofit of a high rise residential complex in Hawaii with state-of-the-art fire detection equipment to address the owner’s concerns about high rise fire danger
- Evaluation of performance and possible damage to fire sprinkler systems under various scenarios including post earthquake conditions
- Evaluation of the fire-event egress required in a state certified school building
- Evaluation of fire safety issues related to critical thermal insulation assemblies used to construct the Keck I and II [world’s largest] reflecting telescopes (Mauna Kee, Hawaii)
- Assessment of possible underground fire scenarios at a major municipality’s solid waste disposal site under an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) mandate
- Assessment of probable fire scenarios at a Superfund wood treatment site
- Assessment of fire safety levels in light and heavy rail rapid transit vehicles for car manufacturers and municipal agencies
- Assessment of critical factors in a failed pumping/piping system for an international airport fuel farm facility involved in a major fire