Michael Ginn, CCAI-CFI, NAFI-CFEI
Michael Ginn has been with FCA since 2009 and has over 30 years of experience working with fire departments around the Bay Area as a firefighter, fire captain, fire inspector, and fire investigator. He retired (12/2008) after 15 years as Fire Marshal of the Petaluma Fire Department where one of his primary responsibilities was to conduct and/or supervise employees participating in cause and origin determinations. He has investigated fires ranging from structure type to grass and brush and from accidental to incendiary. As of 2021, he has investigated more than 1,900.
Michael Ginn holds a vocational teaching credential and has taught semester length fire investigation courses at the Community College level (24 years). He is also certified by the State Fire Marshal to teach State Certified courses in Fire Investigation 1A, 1B, 2A and 2B and has also been a primary/lead instructor for wildland fire investigation classes. Mr. Ginn is a certified fire investigator with CCAI, a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator with NAFI, certified fire and chief officer with the State of California. He also holds a Level I & II Fire Investigator certification with the State of California. Michael is a member of CCAI, IAAI, NAFI. He is a former member of the Sonoma County Fire Investigation Task Force.
- Certified Fire Investigator #533 – California Conference of Arson Investigators (CCAI)
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator #8077-3889 – National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI)
- Certified Fire Officer – State of California
- Certified Chief Officer – State of California
- Certified Fire Investigator Level I – State of California
- Certified Fire Investigator Level II – State of California
- Certified Fire Instructor I – State of California
- Member of the California Conference of Arson Investigators (CCAI)
- Member of the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI)
- Member of the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI)
- Member of the International Code Council (ICC)