KC Hester, IAAI-CFI
Mr. Hester has over 20 years of professional experience in the fire service, serving in various capacities. He is also a Certified Forensic Fire Investigator with National Code Service Association. He is a member of the Orange County Regional Arson Taskforce and a terrorism liaison officer with the Fountain Valley Fire Department. He is an active member of the International Association of Arson Investigators, National Code Service Association, and California Conference of Arson Investigators. Mr. Hester is a California State Fire Marshal’s Office certified level II fire investigator and certified fire officer.
Mr. Hester is qualified to investigate fire scenes and explosions, locate the seat of the explosion or point of origin, determine the cause, and collect and record samples for laboratory analysis. Prepare investigation reports containing cause and origin analysis, witness statements, photographs, diagrams, and video when required, along with any other additional components. Conduct complete background investigations, surveillance, interview witnesses and is capable of giving expert testimony as to the results of these investigations. Conduct hazardous materials investigations of fires, spills, leaks and illegal discharges. A systematic approach using the Scientific Method as outlined in NFPA 921 is utilized when performing fire scene investigations.
- Certified Fire Investigator I & II – California State Fire Marshal’s Office
- Certified Forensic Fire Investigator – National Code Service Association
- Certified Fire Officer – California State Fire Marshal’s Office
- Certified Firefighter I & II – California State Fire Marshal’s Office
- California Conference of Arson Investigators
- Orange County Arson Task Force
- National Code Services Association
- International Association of Arson Investigators