Jim Powderly, IAAI-CFI
Mr. Powderly has been a fire investigator since 2009. He has performed or assisted in the origin and cause investigation of over 100 structure fires, 62 vegetation fires, and 16 vehicle fires. In carrying out these duties Mr. Powderly conducted interviews of witnesses and suspects, collected evidence, photographed the fire scene and artifacts, and developed site diagrams for use in fire investigation reports.
Mr. Powderly is a certified fire investigator (CFI) through the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) and a graduate of the IAAI three day Motor Vehicle Fire investigation course. He is a graduate of the National Fire Academy, Fire/Arson Origin and Cause Investigations course, and Youth Firesetting Prevention & Intervention: Level I & II courses. Additionally, Mr. Powderly is trained and certified in Juvenile Interviews and Interrogations through the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
- Interantional Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) – Fire Investigative Technician
- International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI)
- California Conference of Arson Investigators (CCAI)
- Member – Board of Directors
- San Bernardino Conty Arson task Force (SBATF)
Professional Association Honors and Awards
- California Conference of Arson Investigators 2021 Member of the Year