Jeffrey Schlesinger, IAAI-CFI, ECT
Jeffrey Schlesinger is an Investigations Supervisor, Certified Fire Investigator and trainer with Fire Cause Analysis. After 30 years in the public safety field, Mr. Schlesinger retired in December 2010 as the Fire Marshal with the City of Sunnyvale, California. As a member of the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety, he worked in the fire, law enforcement, and emergency medical services divisions of the department. After retiring with Sunnyvale, Mr. Schlesinger worked as a Deputy Chief of Police and District Emergency Manager with the Foothill-De Anza Community College District Police Department. Prior to working for the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety, he was a police officer with the San Carlos Police Department. Mr. Schlesinger has conducted over 1000 fire/explosion investigations and has testified as an expert in fire investigations in both civil and criminal court systems. Jeffrey Schlesinger served as the past president of the Santa Clara County Fire Investigations Task Force and the Santa Clara County Fire Marshals’ Organization.
Jeffrey Schlesinger possesses a M.S. degree in Emergency Services Administration and a B.P.A. degree in Public Administration. He is a Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) through the International Association of Fire Investigators (IAAI), a Master Certified Fire Investigator (MCFI) through the California Conference of Arson Investigators (CCAI), Certified Fire Investigator (Level II) through the California State Fire Marshal’s Office, and a Certified Evidence Collection Technician through IAAI. Mr. Schlesinger also possesses a California P.O.S.T. Police Manager Certificate. He spent ten years working in the crime scene investigations unit, including six years as the coordinator/supervisor for the unit of ten crime scene investigators.
Jeffrey Schlesinger has attended numerous training courses conducted by the California State Fire Marshal’s Office, California Conference of Arson Investigators, National Fire Academy, National Fire Protection Association, International Code Council, International Association of Arson Investigators, and other training organizations.
- Master of Science in Emergency Services Administration, CSU Long Beach
- International Association of Arson Investigators Certified Fire Investigator (CFI)
- California Conf. of Arson Investigators Certified Fire Investigator (CFI)
- International Association of Arson Investigators Certified Evidence Collection Technician (ECT)
- California State Board of Fire Services Fire Investigator I & II Certification
- California State Board of Fire Services Firefighter I & II Certification
- California Conference of Arson Investigators (CCAI)
- International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI)
- Northern California Fire Prevention Officers (NORCAL)
- International Code Council–San Mateo/Santa Clara Fire Svc. Chapter (ICC)
- California State Division of International Association for Identification
- California Narcotics Officers Association (CNOA) – (life member)