Joshua Bastian, CFI, EIT
Engineer Associate & Fire Investigator
Joshua Bastian is registered engineer in training in California specializing in mechanical engineering and failure analysis of residential and consumer appliances. He works under the guidance of a professional Mechanical Engineer and professional Fire Protection Engineer.
Education & Certifications:
- Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator, National Association of Fire Investigators
- Registered Engineer In Training Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists
- Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor of Science, UC Berkeley
- Film and Digital Media, Bachelor of Arts, UC Santa Cruz
- Provided failure analysis for over 40 commercial and residential property loss claims involving fire and water damage.
- Conducted on-scene and laboratory examination and analyses.
- Conducted engineering and testing for cases involving gas and electric stoves, furnaces, electrical outlets, outdoor and indoor lights, electric appliances, and HVAC systems.
- Performed material flame performance testing (UL 94 equivalent) on a residential space heater.
- Collaborated on investigations with certified fire investigators, fire scientists and professional engineer