John White, CFI, PE, MS
Vice President of Engineering Servicesjohn.white[at]fcafire.com 1-800-726-5939
John Powell White is a partner at Fire Cause Analysis. He is scientist and engineer specializing in material, ignition, and combustion studies. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry and a Master of Science degree in Fire Protection Engineering. John is a licensed Fire Protection Engineer in the states of Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, and Washington. He also is a Certified Fire Investigator through the International Association of Arson Investigators. He is an alternate member on the NFPA 130 committee NFPA 130 Fixed Guideway Transit & Passenger Rail Systems and is a member of the NFPA research division and Society of Fire Protection Engineers.
John’s work consists of fire investigation, evaluation of appliances for ignition and fire spread capability, fire initiation and growth studies, fire, and computational fluid dynamic modeling, and evaluation of active and passive fire protection systems. Recently, he has been involved with large‐scale projects and contracts involving light and heavy rail car material fire performance and evaluation of passive fire protection systems for steel structures.
- Certified Fire Investigator
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Fire Protection Engineering, Master of Science, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Chemistry, Bachelor of Science, UC Berkeley
- ASTM Technical Committee E05 on Fire Standards
- Northern California/Nevada Chapter of the Society of Fire Protection Engineers
- National Fire Protection Association, Research Division
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE)